Argentinaphotographypic du jourTravelVideo

One Hundred Seconds From Bariloche

Bariloche, Argentina, 10-Mar-2013

Bariloche, Argentina, 10-Mar-2013

That’s the title for my quick contribution for the Vimeo Weekend Challenge for 8-10 March, a video comprised only of one second clips. I took on the challenge because I like the fast editing required and because it came with a deadline, something I haven’t had in my life for seven weeks. And it felt good.

This was all shot over the course of a five-hour walk around Bariloche, Argentina, this past Sunday, 10-March-2013. Set in the foothills of the Andes on the southern shores of Nahuel Huapi Lake, Bariloche is the major Argentine destination in northern Patagonia, a starting point for trekking and mountaineering in the warmer months and skiing in the winter.

The Challenge Rules:
+ Use only one second clips.
+ Use up to 100 seconds (1:40). The video is, the added time is only for the closing credits.

The nifty soundtrack is the Kolderen Polka by Tres Tristes Tangos. Check out their page on the Free Music Archive here. Enjoy!

Moving on

Seven weeks into my RTW, I’m finally moving on from Patagonia today, heading to Mendoza for a quick dose of Argentine wine country. I’m limiting myself to three days. Certainly no more than four. Five at the most.

Enhanced by Zemanta
Previous post

Dam Project Threat Still Looms Large in Chilean Patagonia

Next post

Pink Fountains, Flying Pigs, Ernesto Cardenal and a new Pope – Mendoza notebook

8 Comments

1. March 13, 2013 at 10:27 am — Reply

So creative! You really capture the character of Patagonia!

• March 14, 2013 at 11:40 pm — Reply

Thanks!

2. March 13, 2013 at 11:13 am — Reply

What fun! I marvel at the focus it took to select and clip from so many videos to glean the jewels for this project! Well done, and the music is perfect! z

• March 14, 2013 at 11:41 pm — Reply

Thanks! Was a fun project, particularly when I forced myself to rush.

3. Pablo M
    March 13, 2013 at 11:42 am — Reply

Beautiful! Enjoy Mendoza. Saw a Yugo in Pittsburgh yesterday…actually driving down the road…thought of you, of course. Painted blue…looked like a roller-job. Safe travels.

• March 14, 2013 at 11:42 pm — Reply

Thanks, Pablo! You sure that wasn’t Zach driving that Yugo?

4. March 13, 2013 at 1:18 pm — Reply

Wonderful! Also, you chose the right type of music to rythm the quick parade of images. Take care, Lou

5. […] murals created for a national women’s gathering the city hosted in 2011. And the there is 100 Seconds from Bariloche, a short video comprised of one-second clips collected over the course of a five hour walk. A fun […]