Notebooks from a trampfest. Travel tips, tales and images, online since 2006.

Ljubljana Street Crawl Daily – Day 7

Abandoned bike, Ljubljana Train Station II, 30-Apr-2014

This was taken at a bike stand at Ljubljana train station, the location where most of today’s Street Crawl Daily Dozen were shot. Below is a cut lock that was lying on the ground at another bike stand. It reminded me of the three bikes I’ve had stolen since moving here ten years ago.

Bike stand, Ljubljana Cut lock at a bike stand, Train Station, 30-Apr-2014
Bike stand, Ljubljana Train Station, 30-Apr-2014

This was day seven of this mobile phone speed-shooting project, with three more to go. [Project intro is here.] Tomorrow is May Day, a major national holiday here, the beginning of a long weekend for most people. Ljubljana is already fairly empty of locals; it’ll be even more cleared out over the next few days. Much of city center will look like this shot taken on Ajdovščina Street.

Ajdovščina Street, Ljubljana, 30-Apr-2014
Ajdovščina Street, Ljubljana, 30-Apr-2014

To catch up with this high speed tour of the Slovenian capital, check out all six albums linked to below this last shot from today at the train station. Any and all feedback appreciated. Enjoy!

Ljubljana Train Station, 30-Apr-2014
Ljubljana Train Station I, 30-Apr-2014

spacer-35high

spacer1

Enhanced by Zemanta
  1. Muza-chan says

Beautiful photos 🙂

2. Leigh says

That’s a fun way to interact with a city. Last weekend we did a scavenger hunt by Instagram up at Lake Louise. With the clock ticking it really makes you think creatively.

Exactly – I enjoy working with deadlines, the more strict the better.

3. Molly S says

What a great idea – and a good way to see a city differently! Interesting photos :). I’d love to go back to Ljubljana – maybe one day……

You should. Where were you last here?

4. jan says

Love the Street Crawl. Following you on Google+.

Excellent, thanks Jan!

5. Marcia says

Happy May Day, Bob! Beautiful shots, as usual. Sorry about your stolen bikes.
    So where does everyone go for the long weekend – to the beach?

And to you as well Marcia! Most head to the coast, some to the mountains. At the moment, I’d say that 70% of the people strolling around the old town center are foreign tourists, Italian mostly but also lots of Chinese, German and Brits, too.

6. Michele {Malaysian Meanders} says

I really like that first shot because it’s such an abstract way to show a bike. I had no clue what I was looking at until I scrolled down but still enjoyed it. That Street Crawl Daily Dozen sounds like a fun way to capture the essence of a place. I’ve been trying to do a picture a day of Penang on Instagram with the goal of showing life here, but you now have me considering branching out to the close-up details like you.

I’m mostly trying to avoid cliches and to get somewhat of a ‘street photography’ aesthetic (how you define that is up to you. 🙂 ). I only devoted about 90min or so per day to this, so it really helps to know a place.

7. Nancie says

Wonderful shots, Bob.

Long weekend here, too. We’re celebrating Buddha’s Birthday, and Children’s Day.

Thoughts?