Ljubljana, 5pm to 6

Monkey and Dancer, Tomšič Street, Ljubljana, 13 Jun 2014, 5:16 pm

Today’s Pics du Jour are the fourth selection for the 1 Day 1 World Project started by Lisa who blogs at Northwest Frame of Mind. The idea is to represent a ‘typical’ hour each week from where you happen to be until the 24-hour cycle is completed in October; this week it’s 5pm to 6.

I only managed to briefly get out twice. The pickings were a bit slim so I’ve included three shots for the 5 o’clock hour — for now. I’ll whittle it down eventually.

At top a playful arrangement of billboards and below a skateboarder on a cross walk.

Skateboarder, Tavčar Street, Ljubljana, 12 Jun 2014, 5:21 pm
Skateboarder, Tavčar Street, Ljubljana, 12 Jun 2014, 5:21 pm

And finally a warning to never pick your nose in public because you never know who is watching.

Thoughts? 1? 2? 3? None of the above?

Nose-picking bicyclist on Cankar Street, Ljubljana, 12 Jun 2014, 5:41pm
Cankar Street, Ljubljana, 12 Jun 2014, 5:41pm

More about the project is here; link to this week’s submissions here. My previous three submissions: the 2pm-3 hour, 3pm-4 and 4pm-5.

And only marginally related – on this day from the Piran Café archive:

2012 – Another brief tour of the Slovenia capital: Seven Snaps Between Storms in Ljubljana’s Old Town.

_MG_65952010Roman Baggage. AKA coming home after wine shopping in the Italian capital.

spacer-35high

Shares
  • 2
  1. Jules says

I’d say picture 2 is my favorite. Really like the contrast. Also love the idea, gonna check it out some more now.

Thanks – it is a cool idea. I decided to approach it with a ‘street aesthetic’ (for lack of a better term). It’s good way to focus on the genre AND work within a strict deadline. Win-win. I might even wind up with a few good shots.

2. Chris Boothman says

Such a diverse array of photos that you always portray here Bob! So impressive. Definitely agree though that the second image here stands out from the rest, though the final one just shows that you never know who may be watching you 🙂

Thanks Chris – yeah, the second is probably my favorite composition-wise. The bottom one isn’t really a very good shot, but I wanted to include it for the helluvit. 🙂

3. Lisa Kennedy says

Great shots, Bob! I like the grouping of billboards in the first one. 🙂 Thanks for sharing your hour with us! Lisa

Thanks Lisa – that’s my sentimental favorite, if not my favorite composition-wise. The gentleman is a little to close and the set-up a little bit off. I’ll have to return to the spot and spend a little more time. If the billboards are still there when I return home. 🙂

4. Brianna says

What in interesting idea, I’ll have to take a gander at the full project.