Concession Stands at Sporting Events in the Czech Republic: Example One

Curious about what sort of food is offered at concession stands during sporting events in the Czech Republic? Here’s a tour in 13 photos of some of what was on offer at the Golden Spike International Track & Field meet in Ostrava on 17 June.

You’re welcome. 🙂

spacer-35high

1. Bianca @itsallbee says

Gosh looking at all that food is making me a little hungry!

2. Henry | @fotoeins says

DUH-rooool! Immediate memory of the grilled smells emanating from the sausage stands just about everywhere in Prague … although I know that’s gotten clamped down of late …

3. So which was your favorite?

I ate before I got there and was later fed elsewhere, so I passed. 🙂

4. Valen-Eating The Globe says

I hate sporting events but this food would give me a reason to go!

5. Alli says

I can just smell those sizzling sausages on the grill. Colourful gallery and neat idea for a post!

6. Frank says

Looks delicious! We’re heading there in a week and will be spending 3 months based in Prague. I think I’ll be in heaven with the food but Spanky (my vegetarian wife) may not like it as much 🙂 .
    Frank (bbqboy)

Thanks, Frank. I noted your upcoming move plans a week or two ago – best of luck to you. Central Europe is great in the summer and autumn months.

7. Calli says

Great shots Bob! I always love seeing how different countries do sporting event food – we’ve gone to a few soccer/football games in Europe and are always interested to see the food side of the sport culture in each new place. This looks like heaven to me – so much better than the overpriced buckets of popcorn or soggy hotdogs served up at hockey games in Canada 🙂

8. Nicky says

A sporting event isn’t great without food. All of these dishes look amazing.

9. Ah klobasa sausages I smell them every time I walk through the old town square in Prague. I am surprised they didn’t have those round pastry things I see everyone eating all the time 🙂

10. Dave Cole says

Wow, for a meat-lover like me this is a bit of heaven. A big, fresh pilsener in hand and any number of these dishes would put a wide grin on my face.

11. Jessica (Barcelona Blonde) says

Wow, this looks like great food for sporting events! Definitely beats out hot dogs at American baseball games.