Krakow Posters, June 2014

Frank Sinatra - Oswiecin (Auschwitz) Life Festival 2014 poster

If you’re planning to pass through Krakow, Poland’s second largest city, in the near future –June and July 2014 primarily– here’s a small collection of things you may want to check out. Or you may just miss.

I’ve been taking photos of posters for years, but never really did much with them. When I began snapping them with my phone the other day, I decided they belonged here where they might even prove useful. Or at least helpful.

I’m sorry I’m going to miss Eric Clapton at the Life Festival in Osviecim (Auschwitz). And the Grease version of Dance of the Vampires. Another time. If you make it to either one, I’ll expect a full report. 🙂 Enjoy!

spacer-35high

1. Dave Cole says

I really like this collection of posters, so many fun colors and pictures. I’ve actually seen the Dropkick Murphys at Fenway Park in Boston. I think my favorite one is from the Acoustic Jazz Club – you can’t beat a piano tie!

That is a good one. The Dorta Jagic poetry reading one stands out for me as well. The tall dark figure under the yellow sky. Very eye-catching.

2. Anonymous says

I’m happy to see some Polish posters, thank you! I actually went to study the art of posters at the Academy of Art in Krakow. (Half a year only, and many years ago. But I really enjoyed it.)

My pleasure! I’ll be happy to do it again the next time I’m somewhere in Poland. 🙂

3. antonette - we12travel says

Somehow I never thought about picturing posters but you’ve done a great job at it!

I’m generally attracted to the designs, the color and the grit.

4. Erin says

Gasp! Do I see my beloved Soundgarden in there? *has 90’s flashback involving waaaaaay too much hair, Doc Marten’s, waaaaaay too many drinks served in test tubes and dancing in a cage* (Better to not ask questions)

Questions? Why? Test tube drinks and cage dancing all sound perfectly reasonable. 🙂