Mannequin Monday #64

Like last Monday’s, this week’s addition to the planet’s largest repository of blighted mannequins was spotted next to a small electronics shop on Carrera 10, or Tenth Avenue, in central Bogota, Colombia. But unlike last week’s, this one looks like it got its head smashed onto the pavement after losing a scuffle with the one directly behind her. I’ll save that on for another time.

New to this weekly series? Then I cordially invite you invest a few minutes and catch up here. And here too with a special video presentation I put together to celebrate the project’s first year. It’ll make your Monday a whole lot better than it already is — mainly to serve as a reminder that your week can only get better.

By the way, this image, snapped on 3 August 2015, also serves as today’s somewhat creepy Pic du Jour, the site’s 591st (!!) straight. When you’ve got a few minutes to spare, you can browse some of those here. Enjoy!

1. C. J. Hartwell says

I just have to tell you, my entire attitude toward Monday has changed since I discovered Mannequin Monday. Thank you for that!

Delighted to hear that, and it’s my pleasure! Do tell all your friends. 🙂

2. Elusive Trope says

As I said when I shared the video on Facebook: haunting and illuminating as a reflection of our Selves.

Thanks so much for sharing the vid, much appreciated. 🙂 I’m mostly fascinated by the resourcefulness of the shopkeepers who continue to use the ones that are so badly bruised and beaten.

1. Elusive Trope says

It would be interesting to get their take on why they do (beyond the financial reasons).

I’m sure it’s mostly economics. Small shopkeepers will keep using them until they fall apart. Some even longer. 🙂

1. Elusive Trope says

I wonder, however, if with some of them they become attached in some emotional way to these figures resembling humans, beaten down by time, just as many of the small shopkeepers are.

3. treacycolbert says

Fascinating! Why and how do the mannequins get so terribly beat up? Great posts.

Weather? Wear and tear? Many look they’ve simply fallen over a few too many times. Only to get right back up. 🙂

4. Cardinal Guzman says

Looks like she’s gotten a good beating. Probably talked too much…

5. […] une ame solitaire…” Susie Lindau’s Wild RideCreepy or What? eljaygeeWPC: Creepy PIRAN CAFÉMannequin Monday #64 Tvor TravelsWPC: Creepy Serenity NowNot Creepy a travel macha’s diaryEerie-creepy […]