Erin Brockovich in Ljubljana

Ok, not really.

This poster is one of 240 that makes up “Bad Weather”, a project by Paris-based Californian artist Will Benedict for the 31st Ljubljana Biennial of Graphic Arts, currently ongoing in the Slovenian capital Ljubljana. The posters in the installation are located the along the Jakopič Promenade in the heart of Ljubljana’s Tivoli Park, on of the nicest walks in the city.

Of the installation, Sleek writes:

The posters focus on how we psychologically internalise the differences between concepts like bad weather, nasty atmosphere, climate change and climate shame through the media in order to establish a political identity.

With so many posters on display, there’s a lot to consider and wade through in the installation — too much with the limited time I had this evening. So I’ll consider this a reminder to head back later in the month.

The Biennial, which made its debut in 1955, is on in various venues around town through 3 December. More info is here.

Today’s Pic du Jour, the site’s 646th straight, was snapped on 11 October 2015 in Ljubljana, Slovenia. I hope this post reaches Ms. Brockovich.

1. ladieswholunchreviews says

Don’t mean to sound naïve, but I didn’t realize Ljubljana was such an artistic city. Hopefully we will visit one day…

Culturally, there’s always a lot going on Ljubljana. Sometimes it feels as though there is almost too much, as it’s nearly impossible to keep up with it or check out everything. That’s what also adds to the appeal of this space — I’m in the park 3-4 times a week so it’s easy to browe the exhibits, even if just for a minute or two.

2. jacquelineobyikocha says

I like that concept. It’s like attending a free art exposition.

It’s a great space, with exhibits year round –rain or shine, sleet and snow. The park itself is very nice, too.

1. jacquelineobyikocha says

I can imagine. I would find that place an interesting place to visit 🙂