An open thread and (almost) daily notes to myself; feel free to eavesdrop, join in or drop a relevant link in the comments. Updated several times throughout the day.
To friends, colleagues and readers in the U.S., I hope you had an enjoyable extended Thanksgiving weekend in the company of family and friends; to those of you elsewhere, I hope your weekend was as pleasant as mine.
09:15 GMT – The COP 21 climate summit got underway just a few minutes ago in Paris[webcasts]; news from the gathering in the French capital will likely dominate these daily summary notebooks for the next 12 days. Feel free to add your own in the comments. – BR
– COP21: Everything you need to know – Politico Europe
– Is the 2 °C world a fantasy? – Nature
– What you need to know about climate change – Deutsche Welle
– Deutsche Welle’s Climate Change info hub – Deutsche Welle
– Pope: Failure at COP21 in Paris would be ‘catastrophic’ – Deutsche Welle
– Ex-US Intelligence Chief on Islamic State’s Rise: ‘We Were Too Dumb’ | Without the Iraq war, Islamic State wouldn’t exist today, former US special forces chief Mike Flynn openly admits – Spiegel
2016 US Presidential Election
– Donald Trump May Not Be a Fascist, But He is Leading Us Merrily Down That Path – Orcinus. Excellent read (but longish, 6000wds).
Colorado Murder Spree at Planned Parenthood
– Planned Parenthood Shooting Appears To Have Been Politically Motivated – AP / Huffington Post
Cleveland : Tamir Rice case, one year on