More specifically, this one.
I took this photo two years ago today at the Golden Spike International Track & Field meet in Ostrava, Czech Republic, part of a brief essay illustrating the types of food typically available at sporting events there. I promised this man a copy of this image, but as these things sometimes go, I lost his contact info.
If anyone knows him, or knows how to get in touch, please drop me a line so I can finally deliver. Thanks!
On This Day in the Piran Cafe Archives:
- 2015 – ‘I’m a beautiful man’ – The Homeless and Colombia’s False Positives. On one of the most sinister war crimes in Colombia’s horrific recent history. (1800 wds). And from my short-lived Tune de Jour project, Rising Appalachia – “Condensation”*
- 2014 – Still Life With Rum Bottles and Tennis Balls.
- 2013 – The Pic du Jour was Elephant Island Sunset taken the previous night in Panama’s San Blas Islands
- 2012 – Images of Jumpers from a track meet in Velenje, Slovenia.
- 2011 – My first vidblog, a five-minute video summary of May 2011 shot in Doha, Qatar, Hengelo, The Netherlands, Ostrava, Czech Republic, a few airports, and in and around Ljubljana, Slovenia. Great soundtrack, too.
* I’m happy to report that the Tune de Jour will return with a vengeance on Monday, July 4.
And for the record, today’s Pic du Jour is the site’s 896th straight.