North Ljubljana, at Sunset

Office building at sunset, Ljubljana

A couple more images taken on Wednesday here in the Slovenian capital Ljubljana showing how timing, clouds and light can conspire to produce some sensational early evening colors.

Above is a mixed-use residential and commercial building and below the World Trade Center Ljubljana which is, at 75 meters (250 ft) high, the second tallest building in the city and the country.

World Trade Center Ljubljana, at sunset
World Trade Center Ljubljana, at sunset

The two buildings face each other on Dunajska street at the northern edge of the city’s Bežigrad District, separated by the H3, Ljubljana’s four-lane ring road.

The office tower, which sits on the southern side of the freeway, puts off a nice reflection, but it couldn’t beat the searing reds from the building across the way. I wasn’t the only on that stopped to snap a couple shots.

To help get your bearings –or to see where this place called Ljubljana actually is– a map is below.

~~

Today’s Pics du Jour, the site’s 1,015th straight, were snapped on 12 October 2016 in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

Share!

1. Manja Mexi Movie says

Now you’ve hit the locality of all my life until three years ago. I’m the child of Turnerjeva. 😀 Not a huge fan of these new architectural addictions, but thank you for it anyway. The reflection in the second is nice.

Funnily enough, I was just telling a friend last week, whose surname is Turner, that we have a street named after him in Ljubljana. Do you know which Turner the street honors? The painter?

1. Manja Mexi Movie says

No, I wouldn’t think the painter, neither Tina. 🙂 I think it must have been a local hero. Trying to google me some results but no luck yet. The question was forwarded to father, let’s see if he knows.

2. Manja Mexi Movie says

From sister: “I thought it was after a painter Anton (who I don’t know if actually existed), while father says it’s after a Slovenian journalist (don’t know his name).”

1. Manja Mexi Movie says

It seems the riddle leads to Dr. Pavel Turner, publicist and educator. http://www.slovenska-biografija.si/oseba/sbi736889/

Excellent, thanks. Wasn’t familiar with that SLO bio site, appreciate that.