Traveling through Central Europe and looking for a place to explore some local wines? Here’s your regularly-updated one-stop shop.
While Piran Café’s wine attention at the moment has a strong focus on Slovenia, our calendar also includes events taking place elsewhere in the immediate region to produce the most complete calendar of its kind in Central Europe — for traveling wine explorers, it’s a big assist in helping to plan last-minute travels. (It is for me, anyway.)
For now, “immediate region” includes: northeast Italy (Friuli, Veneto and Alto Adige), Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Bosnia & Hercegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Are you hosting or organizing an event? Then send along the details, no matter how large or small the event may be. I’ll be happy to add it to the listing to help promote it free of charge both here and on Piran Café’s Facebook page.
- 25 – Park Wine Stars – Nova Gorica, Slovenia [Facebook]
- 1 – 3rd Salon of Sparkling Wines ZG – Zagreb, Croatia [Facebook]
- 2 – 3rd Obrenovac Wine Festival – Obrenovac, Serbia [Facebook]
- 9 – Refuscus Mundi 2019 – Izola, Slovenia [Facebook]
- 15 – 6th Salon of Sparkline Wines – Ljubljana, Slovenia [Facebook]
- 26 – 1st Salon of Natural Wines – Šentilj (near Maribor), Slovenia [Facebook]
- 1 – Vinart Grand Tasting – Zagreb, Croatia [Facebook]
- 10-11 – 21st Malvazija (Malvasia) Festival – Portorož, Slovenia
- 15 – 9th MonteVino Salon – Podgorica, Montenegro [Facebook]
- 23 – Grand Tasting – Belgrade [Facebook]
- 30 – 11th Wine Style Salon – Belgrade [Facebook]
- 6 – 5th Kragujevac Wine Salon – Kragujevac, Serbia [Facebook]
- 26 – Orange Wine Festival – Izola, Slovenia [Website] [Facebook]
- 31 – 4th Pop Up Wine Festival Novo Mesto, Slovenia [Facebook]
- 6 – 6th Modra Frankinja (Blaufrankisch) Festival – Sevnica, Slovenia [Facebook]
- 14-15 – 22nd Slovenian Wine Festival – Cankar Center, Ljubljana, Slovenia [Facebook][Website]
- 6-8 – VieVinum 2020 – Vienna [Facebook]
Are you hosting or organizing an event? Then send along the details, no matter how large or small the event may be. I’ll be happy to add it to the listing, free of charge.
And spread the word!