Traveling through Central Europe and looking for a place to explore some local wines? Here’s your regularly-updated one-stop shop.
While Piran Café’s wine attention at the moment has a strong focus on Slovenia, our calendar also includes events taking place elsewhere in the immediate region to produce the most complete calendar of its kind in Central Europe — for traveling wine explorers, it’s a big assist in helping to plan last-minute travels. (It is for me, anyway.)
For now, “immediate region” includes: northeast Italy (Friuli, Veneto and Alto Adige), Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Bosnia & Hercegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Are you hosting or organizing an event? Then send along the details, no matter how large or small the event may be. I’ll be happy to add it to the listing to help promote it free of charge.
- 22-23 – 2nd Wine and White Truffle Festival – Kubed (near Koper), Slovenia [Facebook]
- 29 Sep-11 Nov – Old Vine Festival, celebrating the oldest continuously producing grape vine in the world. – Maribor, Slovenia [Website]. Much more about the planet’s oldest grapevine.
- TBC – Friuli DOC – Udine [Website] [Facebook]
- 1 – Vienna Champagne Gala. Vienna [Facebook]
- 5 – Vinoptikum Wine Festival – Austrian and Italian wine tasting. Vienna [Facebook]
- 8 – 2nd TopVino by eVino Festival. Ljubljana, Slovenia [Website] [Facebook]. (Piran Cafe’s report on the first).
- 16 – Carnuntum in Wien – Wine tasting event, Vienna. [Facebook]
- 16 – Hausmesse/HerbstWeinkost 2018. Tasting event. – Dornbirn, Austria [Facebook]
- 20 – Young Portugalka (Portugieser) Festival – Metlika, Slovenia [Website]
- 20-21 – Pinot Noir Festival and Master Class – Spodnja Idrija, Slovenia [Facebook]
- 22 – Austrian Sparkling Wine Gala. Vienna [Facebook]
- 22 – Wine Affairs Wine Fair. Vienna [Facebook]
- 23 – 3rd Vinus Wine Festival – Ljubljana [Facebook]
- 9-13 – Merano Wine Festival – Merano, Italy [Website] [Facebook]
- 10 – St. Martin’s Saturday – street wine event – Ljubljana, Slovenia [Facebook]
- 15-16 – 21st Slovenian Wine Festival – Cankar Center, Ljubljana [Facebook] [Website]
- 17 – St. Martin’s Day Wine Celebration – Hustopeče, Czech Republic [Facebook]
- 19 – Orange Wine Festival – Vienna. [Facebook]
- 24 – Světový duel vín. Czech wine tasting. Hustopeče, Czech Republic [Facebook]
- tbc – Salon du Vin Internatnioal Expo – Sofia, Bulgaria [Website]
- tbc – DiVino Taste – Sofia, Bulgaria [Facebook]
- tbc – Young Wine Festival – Plovdiv, Bulgaria [Facebook]
- 26 – Sparkling Wine Festival – Portoroz, Slovenia [Facebook]
- 6-8 – VieVinum 2020 – Vienna [Facebook]
Are you hosting or organizing an event? Then send along the details, no matter how large or small the event may be. I’ll be happy to add it to the listing, free of charge.
And spread the word!